Following up on the success of the rap music video ‘Scrap the Cap (We’re Movin’ In)’, here comes a new country music video and call to action that will help protect and expand Social Security.
The video — for the original song ‘(Don’t Wanna) Work ‘Til I Die’ — is produced by Social Security Works – Washington and the Economic Opportunity Institute, in collaboration with Reel Grrls Productions. It will be promoted online through a variety of social media and other platforms.
JOIN IN THE FUN! We need volunteers to be part of the big closing scene, when The People rise up to chase off the Wall Street Banksters who have everyone else working ‘til they die.
Who: Hopefully, you! People of all ages and backgrounds are welcome, families too!
When: For a few hours on April 19th. You’ll get a confirmed time range with several days’ notice.
Where: Orting, WA (50 mins. south of Seattle, 30 mins. southeast of Tacoma). Exact location/address will be given to confirmed volunteers.
- Personal transportation to/from the location. (Carpool if you can!)
- Personal clothing (some volunteers will be asked to wear work attire, others casual/weekend clothes);
- A signed media release (provided when you arrive on set).
- To be on-site for the duration of the time specified (there will be busy times, and slack times).
- A willingness to take direction as requested by the director/producer.
You’ll Receive: A really unique and fun experience, your name in the credits, and the satisfaction of knowing you’re helping protect and expand Social Security: America’s best-loved social insurance plan!
TO JOIN IN, Send an email to email@example.com that includes:
- Your name(s)
- Best phone number to reach you
- A photo of you (and your friends/family if they’re coming too)
Please forward this post widely – especially to fun-loving friends who are game to try something new and enjoy being on camera!