Job Announcement: Development Manager, part-time (expires April 19, 2013)
The Economic Opportunity Institute (EOI) is a non-profit public policy center dedicated to restoring the promise of the middle class by advancing public policies that promote educational opportunity, good jobs, healthy families and workplaces, and a dignified retirement for all.
The Development Manager is responsible for building and maintaining EOI’s relationships with its supporters and donors, in order to promote increased and sustained financial support for the organization. Key responsibilities include:
- Tracking grant application and reporting deadlines, working with colleagues to ensure they are met in a timely manner;
- Ensuring regular and timely communications with donors/supporters through letters, emails, Facebook posts, and other channels;
- Organizing and promoting donor/supporter events including breakfasts, wine and cheese events, and EOI’s annual fundraising dinner, sometimes working with contracted professional event staff;
- Making presentations about EOI at local workplace giving campaign events;
- Managing EOI’s donor database and related administrative tasks to ensure smooth functioning of fundraising-related operations.
This position reports to EOI’s Operations Director, and works closely with our Executive Director and Communications Manager.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Enthusiasm for EOI’s mission, organizational values and policy goals.
- Friendly and approachable manner – in person, on the phone or online – that builds rapport and creates positive connections with people.
- Superb attention to detail, able to track and follow through on tasks necessary to meet multiple deadlines. Very strong organizational skills are a must.
- Able to demonstrate written and oral communication skills.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or additional higher education.
- Ability to work and travel on occasional evenings – approximately 1x-2x per month.
- Able to provide personal transportation when required by job duties/responsibilities.
- Prior experience with one or more of the following:
- Planning/conducting fundraising events for non-profit organizations
- Planning/conducting individual giving campaigns via email, postal mail and/or other channels
- Utilizing Salesforce to manage/track organizational contacts, relationships and donation history
Hours, Compensation and Benefits
This is a part-time salaried position (3 days/week). Future full-time employment is possible, but not guaranteed, and will depend both on employee job performance and success of future financial development efforts. The base salary for this position is $27,085 with additional increments for experience and education as provided by EOI’s salary scale. A generous benefits package (including personal leave/holidays, medical and dental benefits) begins on the first of the month following the date of hire. Employer contributions to sponsored retirement savings plan begin one year after employment.
Please email your resume and cover letter to info [at] eoionline [dot] org with the subject line “Development Manager 2013”. Your cover letter must specifically address how your experience and background relates to the stated responsibilities of, and qualifications for, this position. Supplementary materials that highlight related qualifications or experience (such as a portfolio or other project) may be attached. This position is open until filled.
The Economic Opportunity Institute is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, people of color, LGBT persons, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.